Keep Up With Us
Go ahead and subscribe to receive 1–2 emails per month.
Fall is eye-candy season in Breckenridge. Yes, nature’s colorful artistry makes it such an amazing time to visit. You’ll find plenty of ways and reasons to head outside during fall. However, the crisp mountain air also makes it a great time to explore Breckenridge’s vibrant community and historic charm. Start planning your itinerary to be sure not to miss the best 100 things to do in Breckenridge this fall!
100 things to do this fall in Breckenridge:
1. Watch as fall leaves start to change colors mid-September (Breckenridge is one of the first in the nation to see leaves change).
2. Walk through history with the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance and hear tales from the mining era of Breckenridge.
3. Join the largest street party in the Rocky Mountains at Oktoberfest, Sept. 6-8
4. Take a guided fly fishing tour and explore Breckenridge’s rivers.
5. Play a round (or two) at the world’s only town-owned 27-hole Jack Nicolaus designed golf course.
6. Feast your eyes on jaw-dropping fall foliage by heading out to explore the best spots for fall colors.
7. Rent bikes and cruise around town or on the Blue River Rec Path.
8. Pick-up a cheese box and have a picnic post-hike, pre-hike or no hike.
9. Stroll along Main Street while sipping wine at the Breckenridge Wine Classic, Sept. 12-15.
10. Get your indie fix at the Breckenridge Film Festival which features 90+ independent films and premieres, forums and parties.
11. Dress up as a character from Breckenridge’s wild west past and get a one of a kind memento at Breckenridge Old Time Photography.
12. Follow “Leave No Trace” while hiking or biking 100s of miles of trails in and around Breckenridge.
13. Hit the trails on an ATV tour.
14. Watch a movie at the unique and intimate Speakeasy Movie Theater.
15. Mountain bike one of the top trails that loop from Main Street.
16. Catch the sunset from the best views in Breckenridge.
17. Get spooked at a haunted house this Halloween in Breckenridge.
19. Saddle-up for year-round horseback riding to enjoy the fall colors without breaking a sweat.
20. Take a tour of the historic Country Boy Mine. After the tour, stick around to try your luck at gold panning.
21. Take a stroll down historic Main Street. Make sure you grab lunch and enjoy the small shops and boutiques along the way.
22. Dine on a discount at some of the top restaurants in Breckenridge thanks to the fall dining passport.
23. Ice-skate year-round during open skate at the Stephen C. West Ice Arena.
24. Grab a drink or two and hit the town at one of Breckenridge’s 100+ bars and restaurants.
25. Find your zen in a yoga class.
26. Purchase a one-of-a-kind souvenir at a local art gallery, photo studio, jewelry store, or glassblower.
27. Tap into your artistic side by photographing Breckenridge’s scenery.
28. Indulge in seasonal treats and warm beverages at one of our artisan coffee shops.
29. Warm-up at night next to one of the in-town fire pits.
30. Jump into a swinging door saloon tour with Breckenridge Heritage Alliance and learn about the past times of hooch in Breckenridge.
31. Grab your favorite snacks to picnic on the grass at the Riverwalk Center and take in the scenery.
32. Take a scenic drive on Boreas Pass to go through tunnels of golden aspens.
33. Throw on your favorite flannel and embrace hygge at the coziest shops and restaurants in town.
34. Erase tension and relax with a spa day, massage or facial.
35. Paint your own pottery or canvas at Ready, Paint, Fire!
36. Enjoy a date night at a romantic restaurant
37. Dance to live music at the historic Brown Hotel and Restaurant
38. Have the Mayor serve you a beer at Downstairs at Eric’s
39. Tour the town on a scavenger hunt available at the Breckenridge Welcome Center
40. Join fellow bluegrass and wild ale lovers at Stings, Ciders and Sours, Sept. 27-29.
41. Spend an evening soaking in the hot tub and watching the stars.
42. Use your mobile device to take a self-guided tour of Breckenridge’s Public Art.
43. Go behind the scenes on a free tour and tasting of the Breckenridge Distillery
44. Indulge in a sweet or savory crepe. Fact: There are four different spots to grab a crepe in town.
45. Take a piece of Breck home with you by picking a souvenir that was made in town.
46. Take your pup to the Breckenridge Dog Park at Carter Park.
48. Taste your way through Breckenridge by sampling the best ice creams around town while you window shop.
49. Learn from local artisans by taking a drop-in workshop in Breckenridge’s Historic Art District.
50. Taste or make your own wine at the Continental Divide Winery.
51. Get trip suggestions at the Breckenridge Welcome Center then tour the museum.
52. Snag some great happy-hour deals on one of many sun-soaked patios.
53. Take your coffee and breakfast burrito to go then relax next to the river at Blue River Plaza.
54. Visit the Edwin Carter Discovery Center for 19th-century environmentalism and hands-on taxidermy.
55. Grab the kids to swing and slide at one of many parks around town.
56. Taste the 38+ beers on tap and play a round of horseshoes at Kenosha Steakhouse.
57. Visit the top photo spots in Breckenridge.
59. Take a fall Fat Bike Brewery and Distillery tour.
60. Discover Breckenridge’s newest restaurants.
61. Tour the most jaw-dropping luxury homes in Breckenridge during Summit County Parade of Homes.
62. Skateboard at the Rec Center’s newly remodeled skate park.
63. Visit during Día de los Muertos, Nov. 1- 2, to take part in BreckCreate’s immersive festival including face painting, workshops, performances and more!
64. Volunteer with Friends of Breckenridge Trails to help the upkeep of the fragile habitats, open spaces and trail systems around Breckenridge.
65. Catch a concert at the Riverwalk Center.
66. See if you can spot wildlife like mountain goats and moose (from a safe distance).
67. Hit the Rec Center to enjoy a swim day and head down the water slide.
69. Treat the kids to free arts and crafts at BreckCreate’s Second Saturdays for Families at Old Masonic Hall.
70. Take a selfie at the Ski Hill Scenic Overlook.
71. Visit the old train Engine No. 9 on your way up Boreas Pass Rd.
72. Take a cooking class at Colorado Mountain College.
73. Dine or dance at the oldest bar in Breckenridge, the Gold Pan Saloon.
74. Catch local live music, play yard games, and watch skis get pressed, all while sipping a craft brew or cocktail at RMU.
75. Test your singing skills at karaoke.
76. Snag some great deals on ski gear before the season starts.
77. Jump on the Breck Free Ride Trolley with the little ones, it’s a great way to see Main Street!
78. Check out the old historic homes on French and Ridge Street.
79. Test your skills in exciting, lifelike virtual reality games at VR Arcade.
80. Look for the last of summer’s wildflowers.
81. Try Breckenridge-made beers at the local Breweries.
82. Ride the free Summit Stage to Boreas Pass Road and take in the sights along the way.
83. Play a round of Corn Hole and roast marshmallows for s’mores at Motherloaded Tavern.
84. Hit the trails on one of the best summer hikes in Breckenridge (hint: they’re great in the fall too!).
85. Sample small-batch distillers, artisan spirits and fine local cuisine at the Craft Spirits Festival, October 18-20.
87. Bring the kids or just play like a kid again at Downstairs at Eric’s. With 25 different arcade games you can hit the classics (Ms. Pacman and pinball) or try the latest games.
89. Watch the big game at our great sports bars around town.
90. Get a glimpse into the 19th-century lives of a well-heeled Breckenridge family at the Barney Ford Victorian Home.
91. Play a round of volleyball at Carter Park.
92. Fill your sweet tooth to the brim with a stop at Mountain Top Cookie Shop for stuffed, differ or chocolate chip cookie.
93. Sit by the Blue River and let its natural sounds relax you.
94. Get in the Christmas spirit (just a little!) by purchasing an ornament at The Christmas Store to commemorate your trip.
95. Free fun is the best fun. Do everything on our free things for families to do blog.
96. Take the Breckenridge Tree-Hugger Challenge!
97. People watch in Blue River Plaza.
99. Find the perfect flannel, dress or pair of boots at one of Breckenridge’s boutique shops.
100. Explore our local rock shop that boasts a collection of crystals, fossils, gems, and minerals from around the world then snap a photo with a dinosaur.