Keep Up With Us
Go ahead and subscribe to recieve 1–2 emails per month.
Mountain Facts & Stats
Breckenridge, Colorado, is truly one-of-a-kind. Nowhere else will you find an abundance of history combined with new-age excitement from the presence of the ski resort. We've outlined some of the most intriguing Breckenridge mountain facts and stats for you to digest:
Breckenridge, Colorado, is truly one-of-a-kind. Nowhere else will you find an abundance of history combined with new-age excitement from the presence of the ski resort. We’ve outlined some of the most intriguing Breckenridge mountain facts and stats for you to digest:
Mountain Facts and Stats:
Breckenridge sits two hours west of Denver International Airport (DEN) and 2.5 hours northwest of the Colorado Springs Airport (COS). From Denver, visitors drive 98 miles (159 km) west via I-70, then take exit 203 (Highway 9) south nine miles to Breckenridge. From Colorado Springs, visitors drive 110 miles (178 km) west through South Park and over Hoosier Pass, or via I-25 to C-470 to I-70. Regularly scheduled shuttles, limousines and car rentals are available. Call 888-697-7824 to book.
Around town transportation
Free public transport is available in Breckenridge via the Breckenridge Free Ride and around Summit County via the Summit Stage.
Breckenridge Ski Resort – Breckenridge Ski Resort spans five peaks with 34 lifts including the highest chairlift in North America. Click here for more information about the mountain.
- 2: Nordic Centers
- 88: Restaurants and bars
- 188: Shops and boutiques
- 300 days: Yearly average sunshine
- 353 inches: Yearly average snowfall
- 1859: Year Breckenridge founded
- 3,000: Estimated number of units – hotel/condo/B&B/private homes
- 4,631: Permanent population
- 12,840 feet: Summit of Imperial Express, highest chairlift in North America
- 9,600 feet: Breckenridge Distillery – highest distillery in the world
- Base: 9,603 feet / 2,927 meters
- Summit: 12,998 feet / 3,962 meters
Average summer temperature
- Day: 70 degrees F (21 degrees C)
- Night: 50 degrees F (10 degrees C)
Average winter temperature
- Day: 28 degrees F (-2 degrees C)
- Night: 15 degrees (-9 degrees C)
- 3,702 acres / 5.5 square miles
- 3,900 acres of open space property
- 41 acres of community parks
Media contact: Austyn Dineen, [email protected] or 970-453-5064