Keep Up With Us
Go ahead and subscribe to receive 1–2 emails per month.
Work for Us
Be part of the Breckenridge Tourism Office! Breckenridge Tourism Office works to enhance and promote the unique character and experience of Breckenridge as a world-renowned destination resort and to represent, serve and perpetuate the common interest and character of its membership and community.
Be part of the Breckenridge Tourism Office!
Breckenridge Tourism Office works to enhance and promote the unique character and experience of Breckenridge as a world-renowned destination resort and to represent, serve and perpetuate the common interest and character of its membership and community.
Welcome Center Information Specialist
Welcome Center Information Specialists are primarily responsible for providing exceptional guest service while consulting with visitors and locals on the activities and services available in Breckenridge. The position requires an ability to navigate multiple online and software systems to ensure accurate reservations and itinerary building. Ideal candidate would demonstrate an outgoing, helpful attitude and possess a personal interest in travel and tourism.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides excellent service to every visitor who enters the Breckenridge Welcome Center, striving to use our 5 service standards in all interactions:
- We invite a conversation with you in the first 30 seconds of meeting you, respecting the fact that you are the reason why we are here.
- In the first two minutes of our conversation, you feel like you just made a new friend-like you now “know a guy” in Breckenridge.
- We get you excited to try a new Breckenridge experience during our conversation, AND set you up to make that experience happen before you move on.
- We want you to be excited to come back, and tell the story about your new adventure, and to tell your friends too!
- You leave Breckenridge feeling like it’s a special place-truly unlike any other ski town.
- Eagerly books reservations for activities and lodging
- Responds to guest inquiries (walk-in, telephone, email) in a courteous, consistent, and timely manner
- An avid learner able to understand and master multiple software and online reservation systems
- Continually expands knowledge and skills related to the job
- Arrive on time and complete opening and closing procedures thoroughly
- Keeps brochure & magazines stocked and tidy, and contacts sources when refills are needed
- Maintains daily log on visitor engagements
- Represents the BTO and the community in a professional and enthusiastic manner at all times
- Maintains a clean and organized work place
- Participates in vendor activities that are booked in the BWC
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Knowledge of Breckenridge retail, restaurants, and activities
• Computer savvy, able to navigate multiple software and online systems
- Guest service oriented, with an ability to treat each guest as an individual
- Highly motivated, team player, and able to manage multiple demands
- Proven outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Cash handling and reconciliation
Position: $15 per hour | Part – time | Non- exempt | Merchant Ski Pass included
Please reply to [email protected] with a letter of interest and resume.
Special Event Permit Administrator/Events Coordinator
Administrator for all Special Events and Film/Photo Permits for the Town of Breckenridge. Maintain a community event calendar. Assist with Breckenridge Tourism Office event production. Develop and maintain volunteer base for all BTO Events. Responsible for on-site sponsorship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles all administrative aspects of the Special Event Permit Application (SEPA), Film Permits and Special Event Camping Permit Application processes including; articulate the process, guidelines and parameters of holding a special event in Breckenridge to applicants (i.e. event producers), receive permit application, work with applicants, answer general permit questions, collects fees, process permit, updates and maintains databases, communicate findings and conditions to applicant, issues permits, invoicing, act as a general liaison with neighbors that might be impacted, ensure compliance with findings and conditions; gather feedback via the post-event SEPA meeting for improvements.
- Prepares and submits SEPA reports by the required deadline.
- Assists in maintenance of the SEPA central filing system; updates and maintains file indexes, records management, records event review and feedback.
- Develop systems to streamline the process and make administrative updates as needed to the application and procedures. Create an online application and an online drop box where all information is available to BEC and SEPA group members.
- Develops spreadsheets, templates, databases, and other computer-based tools to manage SEPA process.
- Present a list of SEPA events to the Breckenridge Events Committee for review and consent.
- Create and distribute event fact sheets to appropriate personnel
- Provides excellent external customer service by greeting and directing the public to proper authorities or Town Departments and responds to public inquiries and disseminates information, both written and verbal, to the public and other departments
- Develops and maintains a community-wide calendaring system to communicate special events to the public
- Maintain current event information on Breckenridge Tourism website.
- Business and Community Outreach regarding event information (i.e. deliver event information to hotel concierge).
- Gathers feedback after special events to further evaluate the impact of the special event.
- Assist with Breckenridge Tourism Office special events designed to deliver on overall Marketing goals and strategies.
- Keeps apprised of competitive set and best practices.
- Community/Industry Relations.
- Represent Breckenridge Tourism Office on appropriate committees/presentations
- Represent Breckenridge Tourism Office with local associations and organizations including but not limited to Breckenridge Restaurant Association, Breckenridge Lodging Association, Town of Breckenridge Departments and Summit County/Colorado organizations and Visitor Information Centers
- Work as a positive, proactive team leader and team player within the Breckenridge Tourism Office and Breckenridge Community.
- Assist other Breckenridge Tourism Office departments as necessary (events, sales, business services)
- Keep CEO promptly informed of all problems, opportunities or unusual matters of significance, so that appropriate action may be taken.
- Ensure positive, productive working relationships with peers in community – BSR, TOB, and other professionals and professional organizations
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies
- Model professional standards for team – timeliness, accountability, professional and accurate correspondence, professional demeanor and respectfulness
- Exemplify standards and ethics as defined by the Breckenridge Tourism Office team
- Effectively perform other duties as assigned
- Maintains professional and technological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned
The position is full-time, year-round. There is the opportunity to offer part-time positions.
Please reply to [email protected] with a letter of interest and resume.