Spring Fever in Breckenridge
March 17 - April 14, 2013
Breck Spring Fever is back! This month-long festival will feature some of the best bands, most exciting competitions, and incredible blue bird days in Colorado and if you're not in the area, then you're totally missing out.
Spring Fever will take place throughout Breck as the town and mountain welcome visitors to one of the best times of the year for skiing and riding. Spring in Breck is widely known for having the best snow in Colorado, along with sunny bluebird days, special events, and great deals for guests from around the world. There’s no better way to send off the season than with Breck’s Spring Fever festival.
Details are still to come on the exact times, dates of some Spring Fever events. But here is what you can expect:
- Friday, March 22nd - 23rd, 2013 - Ridge Fest, See performers such as Chali 2na (from Jarrasic 5) and more at the River Walk Center for this spring festival (see tab above for more details).
- Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 - The Breck 5 Peaks Mountaineering Race, North America’s longest ski mountaineering race
- Sunday, March 24th, 2013 - Spring Fever Chili Cookoff, at Sevens from 2-4pm
- Saturday, March 30th, 2013 - Mountain Dew Throwback Throwdown superpipe competition
- Saturday, March 30th, 2013 - 6:30-9pm - Throwback Bash at the Riverwalk Center. A Free concert featuring "That Eighties Band" and Free Beer for the first 500 people to show up. Best 80's costume contest and mustache March Contest.
- Saturday, March 30th, 2013 - Golden Easter Egg Hunt - Look through town for golden easter eggs filled with cash, restaurant offers, candy and more! A New Egg Hunt will also be held on the RIverwalk Center Lawn for kids 4 and younger.
- Saturday, March 30th, 2013 8:30am-11am - This year GoPro is joining EpicMix for an ultimate Scavenger Hunt on Saturday, March 30th at the base of Peak 8. Click here for more.
- April 6th, 7th, 13th and 14t, 2013 - The Bud Light Live Concert Series on a specially-constructed stage on the mountain at the Peak 8 base featuring bands such as: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Dirty Heads, 3OH!3 and Matisyahu. (See tab above for details)
- Sunday, April 7th, 2013 10am - noon - The 3rd Annual Ripperoo Mascot Winter Olympics
- Saturday, April 6th, 2013 - The KSMT Spring Fever Beer Festival (see tab above)
- April 14th, 2013 - The 17th Annual Imperial Challenge bike & ski race
- The “Breck Ascent Series” uphill races on Wednesday afternoons
- Extended Gondola operating hours
- March 29th - April 12th, 2-5pm - 5’ til 5’ extended after-hours Terrain Park Happy Hour events every Friday night via the 5 Chair lift
Plus many more new & returning events for guests of all ages! Click here for the Breckenridge Ski Resort Spring Events Calender.
Check back here for updates as new events are added and for further event details.
Come to Breckernidge for the third annual Spring Fever. The concert lineup will be announced soon, but a few of the signature events will include: A town-wide St. Patrick's Day celebration, 5 til 5 Happy Hour at the Terrain Park every Thursday, The 2nd Annual “Breck Throwback Throwdown” superpipe & minipipe competition, Breck Ascent Series uphill races, the Breck 5 Peaks Mountaineering race, A KSMT Spring Beer Festival, The 17th Annual Imperial Challenge and more! Stay for 4 nights or longer and get 25% off. Offer not valid with additional discounts and varies by date and properties.
Dates Available:03/17/2013 through 04/14/2013
Minimum Stay Requirement:4 Nights
The Bud Light Concert Series is back this 2013 to keep the spring music tradition alive here in Breckenridge. This concert series is the pinnacle to the biggest spring celebration in the Rocky Mountain Region. The on-mountain concerts will take place on a specially-constructed stage at the bast of Peak 8 from 2 to 5 p.m. on the last two weekends of the ski season. The concerts are free to the public and are guaranteed to be a great time.
Saturday, April 6th, 2013 - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Sunday, April 7th, 2013 - The Dirty Heads
Saturday, April 13th, 2013 - 3OH!3
Sunday, April 14th, 2013 - Matisyahu
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones –
Since their inception in 1984, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones have been one of music’s most prolific touring and recording bands. During their 27 year career they have played thousands of shows all over the world and released a slew of groundbreaking albums. The platinum-winning ska-core band from Boston are best known for their album Let’s Face It and their hit single “The Impression That I Get”, and are credited as one of the progenitors of the ska punk genre.
The Dirty Heads –
This SoCal rock/reggae/hip-hop band makes music that represents positivity and good vibes, with a melodic style that includes hip hop and ska punk genres. Their debut album featured one of this decade’s biggest singles, “Lay Me Down”, which spent 11 weeks at #1 on the Billboard Alternative Chart, a record for an independent release.
One of Colorado’s favorite hometown bands, 3OH!3 is the electropop duo of Sean Foreman and Nathanial Motte, who named the band after the area code of their hometown of Boulder, CO. Having collaborated with some of the biggest names in pop, such as Lil’ John, Katy Perry and Ke$ha, 3OH!3 has racked up an impressive resume that’s seen them vying for MTV Video Music Awards, selling out shows worldwide, racking up platinum singles, and creating instant parties at festivals across the globe.
Matisyahu fuses the contemporary styles of rap, beatboxing and hip-hop with the more traditional vocal disciplines of jazz's scat singing and Judaism's hazzan style of songful prayer, rolling it all into a dominant background of reggae. His hit single “King Without a Crown” off his album Live At Stubb’s launched him to stardom and was a Top 40 hit in the USA. He has been named Top Reggae Artist by Billboard and continues to produce inspirational hits that also contain deep meaning.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Take part in the 6th annual Breckenridge Beer Festival. The festival's new location this year will be right in the center of Downtown Breckenridge on Ridge Street. This years event will have more beer, more live music and more fun than ever before. There will be three live bands playing throughout the day and over 30 breweries serving up a variety of craft brews.
Both regular and VIP tickets are on sale now! VIP tickets include a large commemorative glass mug, a private VIP area with lunch and a private tasting room with special beers. Both tickets include unlimited beer tasting for the entire day. Tickets sell out every year, so get them quickly! Click here to buy tickets.
The Breckenridge Spring Beer Festival is a benefit for the National Repertory Orchestra. Volunteers are needed for this event. To volunteer, contact Julie Chandler at the National Repertory Orchestra, 970-453-5825 or via email at email@example.com.