Keep Up With Us
Go ahead and subscribe to recieve 1–2 emails per month.
The Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival returns October 19-21 for a full weekend of tasting (featuring the main event of Still on the Hill), tours, restaurant deals and more. Read on for highlights of the weekend event.
The Still on the Hill Grand Tasting
The primary event will take place on Saturday, October 20 at the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge. Of course, you must be 21 to participate. More than 30 artisan distillers from Colorado and the nation will showcase their offerings with tastings and mini cocktails. Count on a sweet after-party to keep the fun going all night.
At the Still on the Hill Grand Tasting:
- Delicious samples of small-batch spirits and liquors
- A tasting glass to enjoy during the weekend and bring home
- Voting in the people’s choice awards
- Artisanal snacks throughout the tasting
- Live music
Buy your tickets and start planning the perfect weekend getaway.
You can count on the Breckenridge Distillery to throw down with an open house event as well as samples during the Grand Tasting.
Here’s a small sample of past showings:
- 10th Mountain Whiskey & Spirit Company
- 808 Distillery
- Axe and the Oak Distillery
- Black Canyon Distillery
- Breckenridge Distillery
- Colorado Sun ‘shine
- Coppercraft Distillery
- Copper Muse Distillery
- Dancing Pines Distillery
- Deerhammer Distilling Co.
- Distillery 291
- Downslope Distilling Co.
- Feisty Spirits
- Golden Moon Distillery
- Peach Street
- Santa Fe Spirits
- Spring 44
- Syntax Spirits
- Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey
- Wood’s High Mountain Distillery
While the focus is primarily Rocky Mountain regional products, you’ll also find a few national names in the crowd. Distillers will be on hand to chat and answer questions.
Now try this
In 2014, the festival debuted a cooking with spirits class with Colorado Mountain College chefs Ian Buchanan and Doug Schwartz. The tradition continues in 2018, and the class always fills.
Additional activities include an Essence of Spirits discussion and a create-your-own whiskey glass workshop. See the full schedule at the festival’s website.
One of the local favorites is Breckenridge Distillery which offers tastings in its tap room on Main Street and tours at its facility on Airport Road. Their awards are too numerous to count, and you can taste why at the annual open house, hosted just before the Grand Tasting on Saturday.
Restaurant & Lodging Specials
Throughout the weekend you’ll find local restaurants and bars (err, saloons) crafting cocktails that feature libations from the fest, plus the great food you’ve come to expect in Breckenridge. Be sure to check out restaurant discounts with the dining passport.
Fall offers great values on lodging, visit our lodging page for weekend specials.
Poker Run and more
All weekend, the bars and restaurants in town celebrate small batch distillers. Check back for more info on historic saloon tours, Poker Run bar crawl, a bartender mixoff, hangover brunches and more.
If You Go
To summarize the Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival, here’s just about everything you need to know:
- Who: The event is organized by the Breckenridge Restaurant Association and the Breckenridge Distillers. Many regional distillers and restaurants will be participating in various events throughout the weekend.
- What: A three-day event in Breckenridge celebrating regional, craft distilling (production of liquor and spirits) through tastings, meals, educational tours, entertainment and more.
- When: Events will be ongoing October 19-21, 2018. The Grand Tasting is on Saturday, October 20.
- Where: The Grand Tasting will be at the Riverwalk Center just off Main Street.
- Buy Tickets: Visit breckenridgecraftspiritsfestival.com for ticketing.