“We are passionate members of the community who believe in the lifestyle of Breckenridge. We are people who love living in a mountain town and volunteer our services for the good of our historic mountain town. We represent small businesses, retirees, and the corporate entities who contribute to our vibrant and diverse community”. Breckenridge Ambassadors Mission Statement, January 2014
As local folklore has it, in 1981 several members of the business community met to begin a series of conversations about Breckenridge, its growth, its allure to tourism and its Destination Marketing Organization.
Back then, the original Ambassadors dubbed it the ‘Kingdom Club.’ The primary purpose of the organization was to discuss business and assist in serving the community. Al Chaffee was the first recorded president of the Ambassadors. His dedication to Breckenridge and the Ambassadors was unsurpassed. Sadly, Al passed away in 1994. The Ambassadors have organized The Al Chaffee Scholarship in his honor, awarded ever year to select Summit County students to use for higher education.
Who We Are Today
The mission of the organization, now called the Breckenridge Ambassadors, has been refined over the years.
Ambassadors are owners or employees of Breckenridge Businesses. They are leaders in the business community, committed to giving back to the community through their service work. Ambassadors come from all business sectors, from retail, service, restaurant and the resort business. They have in common a desire for Breckenridge to continue to thrive as a community
To qualify as an Ambassador, you must have maintained residency in the county for at least 2 years.
Interested In Becoming An Ambassador?
Active Ambassadors have the following duties:
Mixers take place monthly and are a fun way to network and meet people from the Business Community.
- Attend Mixers and perform hospitality duties such as meeting and greeting people, introducing them to other attendees and promoting upcoming events
- Volunteer to work mixers
- Invite new businesses to Mixers, act as host and introduce to other members.
Business Outreach: When there’s a divided issue the ambassadors educate, listen and gather feedback from the business community.
Volunteer for Events: Each ambassador volunteers for at least three of the following seven events - Ullr Fest, International Snow Sculpting, Mardi Gras, Kingdom Days, 4th of July, Oktoberfest, The Lighting of Breckenridge.
- Promote Breckenridge Businesses whenever the opportunity presents itself.
- Conduct yourself professionally whenever you are representing the Ambassadors.
- Attend Ambassadors’ monthly luncheons.
- Familiarize yourself, particularly new Ambassadors, with the Ambassador By-Laws.
- Stay informed of business issues in Breckenridge.
- Pay the annual Ambassador dues of $50.00 per year.
- Serve on an Ambassador committee (such as the mixer committee, volunteer committee, public relations committee).
As an Ambassador, you have an opportunity to make a difference in your community!
If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador, contact the Ambassador President.