Bring your group to Breck and they’ll talk about the experience here for years. Breckenridge is easy to access, and even easier to explore once you arrive.
With over 150 years of history and its charming character, Breckenridge greets you with endless possibilities for a successful event. The town provides a setting where you can kick it up or kick back – discover heritage sites, ski and ride four mountain peaks or check out the world’s only 27-hole, Jack Nicklaus-designed municipal golf course.
Your group will have the ultimate blend of activities to explore, and the BCVB will be your personal guide. Breck is accessible and offers free in-town transportation so it’s easy to explore the vibrancy of historic Main Street or the variety of teambuilding and group activities. Once you GoBreck, you won’t go back.
Breckenridge offers a landscape for real and authentic meetings and events that your group will talk about for years. From the welcoming energy of historic Main Street to the variety of teambuilding and group activities, what’s not to love? Breck is accessible, offers free in-town transportation, and is known for its premier signature events.
• Lodging Capacity: 25,000
• Meeting Space: +100,000 sq. ft.
• Guest Rooms: 2,810
• Hotel Rooms and B&Bs: 501
• Condominiums: 2,745
• Private Homes for Rent: 739
• Sales Taxes: 8.15%
• Lodging Taxes: 11.765%
• Max Group Size: 1,000
• Ideal Group size: 450
• Value Season: 4/1–11/15
• Summer Weather Day: 70 degrees
• Summer Weather Night: 50 degrees
• Winter Weather Day: 28 degrees
• Winter Weather Night: 15 degrees
• Days of sunshine: 300/year
• Inches of snow: 250-300/year
• Elevation: 9,603 ft/2,927 m
• Historic Structures: 171
• Restaurants: +100
• Shops and Boutiques: +200
Top 10 Reasons to Meet in Breckenridge
1. Superior service and hospitality innovation. You’ll receive the specialized attention and unbiased guidance from experts who live, work and Service at its Peak. The BCVB has been named the recipient of the Pinnacle Award for play in Breckenridge every day.
2. A Real Town. Historic and charming, Breckenridge is known for its welcoming vibe and casual atmosphere that extends from the Victorian mining town to the ski resort summit. The 150-year-old mountain town creates a relaxed setting for a group meeting or destination event.
3. Unique Lodging and Venues. Breckenridge is home to incredibly diverse properties with enticing amenities, and the BCVB works with over 48 that accommodate more than 20 people. From majestic private homes to state-of-the-art resort facilities and comfortable condominiums, you’ll find your very own home base here in Breck.
4. ‘Top 10 Ski Resort’ in North America. From the thrill of deep powder to gentle rolling cruisers, Breck has something for everyone in the group. Consistently ranked as a ‘top 10’ ski resort, Breckenridge offers huge variety with 2,358 acres of terrain and four breathtaking mountain peaks.
5. Activities and Things-to-Do. Here in Breckenridge, we inspire groups to choose their own adventure with an abundance of activities for any mood. Taste excitement with a dog sled tour, cozy up in a sleigh ride, unwind with a scenic round of golf or get pampered at a spa.
6. Signature World-Class Events. Breckenridge is known for its impressive events that enhance the upbeat attitude of Main Street. Grab a stein at Oktoberfest, take in the Ullr Fest parade, or tune-in to the Breckenridge Music Festival. Let your group celebrate our real town Breck-style.
7. Dining and Nightlife. More than 75 restaurants will tempt your tastebuds with fare to satisfy appetites from elegant dining to affordable bar food. Breckenridge is known for its nonstop nightlife with amazing scenic happy hour decks, historic lively saloons and hip music scenes and martini bars.
8. History and Heritage. Breckenridge was a town long before it was a ski resort, and has a rich history of gold finds, exploration, booms and busts. Home to the largest historic district in Colorado, Breck features a new Welcome Center and heritage tours and treasures that await your groups’ discovery.
9. Shopping on Main Street. Breckenridge’s bustling town is known as the perfect place to shop. With over 200 stores to choose from, visitors enjoy quaint storefronts featuring chic boutiques, jewelry, antiques, housewares and home furnishings to art galleries, sporting goods and clothing.
10. High-Alpine Weather. Nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and embraced by the Ten Mile Range, Breckenridge is higher than most Colorado towns at 9,600 feet above sea level. Breck celebrates 300 inches of epic snowfall and 300 days of sunshine per year, creating the ultimate year-round playground.
Located 90 miles west of Denver in Summit County, Colorado – Breckenridge is nestled in the heart of the Central Rocky Mountains. Getting to Breckenridge is smooth and convenient, just a 90-minute drive from two major airports – Denver International Airport (DEN) and Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (COS). Upon arriving, board a convenient shuttle or rent a car for a drive with dramatic views. Both the ease of getting here and getting around once you arrive, make Breckenridge a group destination that is low in stress and high in fun.
|Getting To Breckenridge!|
|Maps and Directions|
Nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and embraced by the majestic Ten Mile Range, Breckenridge offers an incredible high-alpine environment at 9,600 feet above sea level. Higher than most Colorado towns, Breck celebrates 300 inches of epic snowfall and 300 days of sunshine per year, creating a perfect year-round playground. Many locals say that winter draws them here, and it is the warm summer that entices them to stay. During both winter and summer, a high altitude climate can affect people in various ways, so drink plenty of water and give yourself a chance to adapt. If signs of altitude sickness arise, seek treatment at Breckenridge Medical Center to ensure your trip is pleasurable.
Breckenridge is known for its phenomenal outdoor recreation conditions. With an average temperature of 28 degrees and 15 degrees at night, it is that magical Colorado sunshine that warms-up every winter adventure you’ll enjoy. At 9,600 feet, the sun can be intense, so protect your skin with sunscreen and your eyes with sunglasses or goggles. Weather conditions can change dramatically, and bring good reason to have additional layers of clothing on hand. Low humidity is a plus, and you'll want to stay hydrated with two to three times your normal intake of water.
Summer in Breckenridge brings glorious sunshine, breathtaking blue skies and beautiful greenery. At an average temperature of 70 degrees during the day and 50 degrees at night, typical summer apparel works great for most activities. Guests should wear sunscreen, and consider wearing a hat for added protection. A quick afternoon rain shower is to be expected, and will come and go quickly, refreshing all of the natural mountain foliage. Evenings will cool off considerably and often call for a light jacket.
Embraced by the majestic Ten Mile Mountain Range, Breckenridge offers an amazing high-alpine environment at 9,600 feet. Nestled in the heart of the Rockies and higher than other Colorado mountain towns, Breck enjoys 300 inches of snowfall and 300 days of sunshine per year, creating the perfect playground for groups to experience year round.
Ski Season (November – April):
Breckenridge winters are famous for incredible outdoor recreation conditions. The bright Colorado sunshine brings warmth and energy to complement the epic snowfall, creating an exhilarating environment for all activities you’ll enjoy. Visitors rave about the soft fluffy powder, low humidity and bluebird skies.
Average Daytime Temperature: 28 degrees
Average Nighttime Temperature: 15 degrees
Summer (June – August):
Breckenridge summers bring glorious sunshine, comfortable temperatures, breathtaking blue skies and beautiful native plants and wildflowers. A quick refreshing afternoon rain shower is fairly common, and will come and go quickly. The evenings will cool off considerably.
Average Daytime Temperature: 70 degrees
Average Nighttime Temperature: 50 degrees
Fall and Spring (October, May):
Fall and spring are terrific times to visit Breckenridge, with the same fantastic panorama of the mountains and crisp alpine air. The weather becomes a bit more unpredictable, but you can still enjoy many of the same outdoor activities as during high season.
Estimated Temperature October: 54 degrees
Estimated Temperature May: 56 degrees
High Altitude Climate:
Throughout all seasons, a high altitude climate can affect people in a variety of ways, so be prepared to give yourself a chance to adapt. The low humidity remains about 30% throughout the year, and at 9,600 feet, the sun can be powerful. The beauty of the Rocky Mountains is that the weather can change dramatically and quickly.
High Altitude Tips:
Stay hydrated with two to three times the normal intake of water.
Protect your skin with sunscreen and your eyes with sunglasses or goggles.
Bring many layers of clothing.