Craft Spirits Festival
October 20 -- 22, 2017
Fall is the season for cooler temperatures, changing leaves and the Breckenridge Craft Spirits Festival. The first of its kind in the state, the festival features small-batch distillers, artisan spirit seminars, fine local cuisine and of course, plenty of sampling.
“Those familiar with microbrewing will be pleased to discover that the same care and quality is happening within the craft spirits industry, both in Colorado and across the nation,” said BRA president Ken Nelson. “Colorado has a particularly liberal distilling environment and that’s key to the recent boom. Still on the Hill celebrates the diversity resulting from that boom and we’re excited to welcome a variety of talented craft distillers to Breckenridge.”
Check back for updates as they become available
or visit BreckenirdgeCraftSpiritsFestival.com
2016 Sample events
Preston Ghost Town & Gold Mine Tour - 10 am, $30 for adults, $10 for kids ages 4-12, free for kids ages 3 & under (lunch included). Make reservations by Thursday evening- weather dependent. 970-453-9767 x 2
- Behind Swinging Doors Historic Saloon Tour - This walking tour highlights the historic brewing, distilling and saloon features of Breckenridge's mining heritage, hosted by the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance, departs the Breckenridge Welcome Center in the Blue River Plaza at 5 pm. Must be 21 or older. $15 Reservations: 970-453-9767 x 2 or CLICK HERE
- The Women of Distilling Workshop - Join Moderator Amanda Faison, food editor of 5280 Magazine, and her panel to see what these talented and creative women are doing in the distilling industry- 4-5 pm at Napper Tandys (upstairs in the Salt Creek Steakhouse). Panelists include: Karen Hoskin (Owner of Montanya Distillery), Kyla Ostler (Brand Ambassador for Montanya), Amy Eckstein (Owner of Deerhammer Distillery), Billie Keithly (Liquid Chef of Breckenridge Distillery), Tara Curry (Sales for 291 Distillery) and Katie Jandera (Marketing for RNDC). No charge.
- Shot Glass Decorating - Create your own personalized shot glasses! 6-8 pm at the Ceramic Studio, 125 S. Ridge Street in the Breckenridge Arts District. You are invited to personalize your own pre-made shot glass using our colorful glazes. Your creation will be fired that night and ready for pick up on Saturday, October 22nd during open studio hours from 5-8 pm. $5, includes all materials, first to come, first to get creative! Questions- call 970-453-3364 or visit www.breckcreate.org
- Seventh Annual Poker Run & Bar Mix-Off - 5 pm – close. Featuring the saloons, restaurants and taverns of Breckenridge, contestants will depart on self-guided tours of the various establishments. Contestants will draw playing cards at their stops and then present their best 5-card hand the following day at the Poker Showdown to be held at the Still on the Hill Grand Tasting on Saturday, October 22nd, Riverwalk Center, 4–7 pm (turn your card in by 6:15pm to the ticket desk). Bar Mix-off–
Sampling of Breck bartenders’ creativity, featuring a cocktail throwdown among local mixoligists, utilizing craft spirits as their base. No need to sign up for either of these elements.
- Participating restaurants/bars: Apres Handcrafted Libations, Breckenridge Distillery Tasting Room, Briar Rose Chophouse, Burke and Riley's Irish Pub, The Canteen, CB. & Potts Restaurant and Tavern, Downstairs at Eric's, The Dredge, Empire Burger, Fatty’s Pizzeria, Giampietro, Gold Pan Saloon, Hearthstone, Jake's, Kenosha/Rita's, Mi Casa, Michael's Italian Restaurant, Modis, Ollie’s Pub, Park & Main, Relish, Salt Creek Steakhouse, Spencer's in Beaver Run and Twist.
- French Gulch Snowshoe Hike - 10 am, $20 for adults, $15 for kids ages 4-12. Make reservations by Friday evening- weather dependent. 970-453-9767 x 2
- Breckenridge Historic Walking Tour - 11 am & 1:30 pm Breckenridge Welcome Center Discover the treasures of Breckenridge's National Historic District. $10 per person.
- Spirited Cooking at Colorado Mtn. College SOLD OUT - 12- 2 pm. Join chef Ian Buchanan for a hands-on cooking class featuring spirits. How to make a beverage edible? Enjoy the lesson and three-course lunch. Hosted in the teaching kitchen at Colorado Mountain College on Airport Road. Head on over to the Distillery Open House afterwards- the shuttle can take you or it is walking distance. $50 per person. Preregistration required. SOLD OUT.
- Breckenridge Distillery Open House - 1-3 pm at their expanded Airport Road Distillery. Take the Yellow route of the Breckenridge Free Ride bus system or take Summit Express from the Riverwalk Center. Leave your car behind - don't drink and drive! Cars can stay in the Riverwalk Center parking lot over night.
Still on the Hill Grand Tasting - Riverwalk Center, 4-7 pm. The premier craft spirits tasting in Colorado- it is just a blast! 38 of the finest distillers share their talents. Fun times, artisan snacks and the finest spirits! Acoustic music by the Honey Gitters. People’s choice voting for distillers- get your vote in by 6:30pm. You must be 21 years old to enter. Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 day of, if not sold out. Proceeds benefit the Community Partners of the Breckenridge Restaurant Association. BUY YOUR TICKET NOW
Park at the Riverwalk Center/Tiger Dredge lot. Free Shuttles available from 12:30-4pm with Summit Express from the Riverwalk Center to the Breckenridge Distillery Open House and the CMC Spirited Cooking Class.
- Gold Pan Saloon After Party - 9 pm - 2 am no charge Let the party continue! Featuring awesome, galactic bluegrass by the Honey Gitters. Gold Pan Saloon, 103 N. Main St. Check out the Honey Gitters
Bloody Sunday Hangover Brunch - Various restaurants around town will be featuring craft-spirit cocktails and brunch menus with many football viewing options. Relax and soak up the vibe around town.
- Participating bars/restaurants: Apres Handcrafted Libations, Burke & Riley’s, The Canteen, CB. & Potts Restaurant and Tavern, Downstairs at Eric’s, The Dredge, Empire Burger, Fatty’s, Giampietro, Gold Pan, Jake’s, Kenosha, La Francaise, Luigi's, Mi Casa, Ollie’s Pub, Park & Main and Salt Creek Steakhouse.
- The Art of Tasting Spirits Workshop - Learn how to distinguish flavors and enliven your palate to the wondrous subtleties present in today's spirits. Learn from this panel of experts. 11am- noon at Mi Casa. No charge.
- Breckenridge Historic Walking Tour - Discover the treasures of Breckenridge’s National Historic District. Welcome Center, 11 am and 1:30 pm. $10 per person. Book Now
ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Breckenridge Dining Passport - When you're hungry, be sure to pick up a Breckenridge Dining Passport and take advantage of promotions being offered by our restaurant community! Available at the Welcome Center and Participating Restaurants. $10
- Dia de los Muertos Activities by BreckCreate - Barney Ford Victorian Home View Events Here
Click here for great fall season lodging deals.