2016-17 Summit Merchant Pass Facts/Agreement
Eligibility: Businesses need to be in good standing with Breckenridge Tourism Office (BTO) or the Summit County
Employees: Only employees on a merchant’s payroll may participate. Interns receiving school credit are approved in
Merchant Audits: BTO/SCC will conduct an audit to verify employment of merchant’s staff who has received passes. We ask that audited businesses adhere to all requests in a timely manner. Failure to respond or non-compliance with the program rules will result in the deactivation of all current Merchant Passes and can affect future participation in the Merchant Pass program. Listed are the acceptable forms of proof of employment.
• Pay stub from within the last two weeks
• Payroll records
Pass Usage Restrictions:
Vail/Beaver Creek: 11/25/16–11/26/16, 12/26/16–12/31/16, 1/14/17, 2/18/17–2/19/17.
• There are no restrictions for Keystone, Breckenridge, and Arapahoe Basin.
Merchant Pass Benefits:
• Discounted rates for our partners vs. full rate of individual pass
• Available for purchase all season.
• Six (6) Ski With A Friend discount tickets. SWAF tickets purchased in Breckenridge may be subject to a 4.5% Town of Breckenridge tax.
Refunds: All applicable refunds on a Merchant Pass will be given to the Merchant, not the Pass Holder.
• Refunding Merchant Passes:
o If there is a medical injury and unused, we can refund 100%.
o If there is a medical injury and it was used, we will calculate refund amount by charging the pass insurance per diem charge for each day used.
o If the pass was unused and no medical injury applies, we would refund the pass less a $25 processing fee.
• Refunding an individual’s previously purchased Season Pass who is now eligible for a Merchant Pass follows this timeline:
o 100% refunded if request for refund is Dec. 31 or earlier;
o 50% refunded from Jan. 1 through Jan. 31;
o 25% refunded from Feb. 1 through Feb. 28;
o No refunds after March 1, 2016.
• Merchant passes may be transferred once to another employee within the same business for $100. See Form C for procedure.
• In the case of separation of an employee from the company, the company must call 970-496-5458 or 970496-7339 to deactivate the pass of the former employee and record the employee’s pass number immediately.
• All transfers must be made to a direct paid employee of the same Merchant.
Now let's get started!
Click Here for instructions, what to do and where to go
Contact Suzanne Lifgren at 970.453.5058 with questions